Emma Oosten studied Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies (BA) and Conflict Management (MA) at the Radboud University Nijmegen. She specialized in civil society building in Eastern Europe. Emma has worked for the Radboud University and for several non-profit organizations.
Emma joined the NHC in 2008. She has managed projects in various countries such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Egypt, Iraq, Romania and Turkey.
- Executive editor of Security and Human Rights journal
- Improvement of Prison Conditions for Reintegration of Juvenile Detainees in Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo(2013-2016)
- Participation of non-governmental organizations to the legislative process in the parliament (Grand Assembly of Turkey) (2011-2012)
- Strengthening the regulatory capacity of the General Directorate for Legislation of the Turkish Ministry of Justice (2011-2012)
- Support to the Judicial Academy in EU curriculum development (Croatia, 2012)
- Capacity-building in Legislative Drafting: A Training Programme for Judges and Legal Professionals in Iraq (2012-2013)
- Identification mission to Libya for the Dutch Prison Service (2012)
- Promoting a Victim-Centered Approach in Trafficking Cases in Albania and Bosnia-Herzegovina