EPTA II: Innovating Together: Connecting European Penitentiary Training Academies
In the past years, the EPTA network has proven its great potential, having developed into an even more professional and structured network. The development was marked by a substantial increase in the number of members and the launch of a new website. EPTA II: Innovating Together: Connecting European Penitentiary Training Academies further builds on these achievements in order to strengthen the network, increase its sustainability and foster more in-depth information sharing.
The ETPA network will stimulate participation and exchange among its members, allowing existing and future European partners to profit from the results of the trainings. As a direct target group, the National Training Academies will get access to innovative tools developed by the ETPA network, which enable keeping track of new developments in the field of correctional staff training. By stimulating mutual learning, the Academies will directly benefit from the project and save resources in the process of developing high quality trainings for their correctional staff.
The project will undertake the following activities:
- further development of the current ETPA website, the online platform and the Knowledge Management System
- three annual network meetings
- a crisis management workshop related to innovative training methods
- three cross-border training staff exchanges
- a meeting between EPTA and other staff training institutions such as the Confederation of European Probation.
Through these activities, the project aims to:
1) Improve communication between EPTA members
2) Stimulate professional exchange and cooperation between training academies on a European level, and
3) Address three specific needs identified with the Training Academies through tailor-made work sessions. These outcomes will provide a stronger and even more sustainable network with increased capacity to tackle training needs and improve cross-border cooperation.
EPTA I Membership growth
Funder: European Commission
Partners: European Organisation of Prison and Correctional Services, Scoala Nationala de Pregantire a Penitenciare Tirgu Ocna (Romania) Department of Justice and Equality (Ireland), General Directorate Execution of Sentences (Bulgaria) and the Ecole National d’Administration Penitentiare (France).
Project period: 30 months, start in spring 2021
Budget: € 707,059.21