Women Who Lead: International Women’s Day 2021 Online Event
4th of March 2021, 15:00 – 16:15 CET
Sign up here!
This year, for International Women’s Day in collaboration with other members of the European Partnership for Democracy we are moving online to honour amazing women who fight daily for justice and equality!
Their inspiring and moving stories shall be shared in a public online event and shall hopefully inspire and motivate other women to fight for change and to sow the seeds for the next generation to take their rightful place at the table!
We’re delighted to announce that the following list of amazing speakers shall be joining us:
- Imarn Ayton – Actress, activist and leading voice in the #BlackLivesMatter UK protests, and founder of the Black Reformist Movement
- Tamara Adrián – Venezuelan lawyer and academic, and the first trans woman to win a seat as a member of the country’s Congress
- Sidita Zaja – Executive Director of the NGO ProLGBT, fighting for the rights of the LGBTI community in Albania
- Sophie Heesen – Politician and Councillor for the Dutch Labour party (PvdA) in Gouda, campaigning for LGBTI rights, anti-discrimination policies and gender equality
- Krishala Tamang – One of the youngest elected Vice-Chairpeople of Doramba Rural Municipality in Nepal’s Ramechhap district, and national-level martial arts expert
Nabila Ramdani, award-winning journalist and broadcaster and one of the WEF’s 2012 Young Global Leaders, will moderate the discussion.
Interested in joining us? Sign up here!
This event is in collaboration with the European partnership for Democracy, Demo Finland, the Danish Institute for Parties and Democracy, the Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy, People in Need, the Westminster foundation for democracy and the Association for Local Democracy Agencies.