Open call for small grants scheme journalists and media organizations
The consortium of Netherlands Helsinki Committee, Penal Reform International (PRI), Social Justice (SJ) NGO and Civil Society Institute (CSI) NGO has launched a “Justice Reforms Monitoring in Armenia” (JUREMONIA) project with the financial support of the European Union. This project aims to strengthen the role of civil society in Armenia in promoting human rights and judicial reform and become an effective force.
JUREMONIA announces a project proposal competition for receiving grants. The call is open for media organizations and/or journalists from the Republic of Armenia.
The aim of small grants is to engage and support media organizations (or journalists or groups of journalists) in their monitoring, reporting and advocacy efforts on Justice reforms as well as to create public awareness on the reforms and to stimulate cooperation between civil society and media in advocacy initiatives.
Awarded entries should cover the Strategy of the Penitentiary and Probation, the Strategy for Legal and Judicial Reforms, the Police Reform Strategy, and the Anti-Corruption Strategy, in which the monitoring, reporting and advocacy takes into account the overarching National Strategy for Human Rights Protection in the background.
The conditions of open call, submitting of an application process, the duration, the amount of the grant as well as eligibility requirements for organizations are available here.
This call for proposals is open to media organizations, journalists, or groups of journalists with the status of a legal person, established in Armenia.
Applicants must submit the following documents as annex to the full proposal:
- Annex 1: Application Form
- Annex 2: Publications plan
- Annex 3: Budget
- Evidence of previous publications on field of Anticorruption, Police, Judicial reforms, Prisons, Probation, Human Rights (please provide max. five publications from the last five years);
- Registration certificate of the organization or proof of registration for self-employed journalists (original with at least an informal English translation). In case of consortia certificates of all the members is required.
- CVs of involved staff. If the proposal is submitted by a consortium: an outline of the cooperation process and the division of tasks between individual members should be included in the application form.
The applications should be submitted in English.
Submitted applications must be sent electronically to this email address: email@example.com
Deadline for submitted application: 15 September 2023 at 15:00 (CET/NL date and time).
You may submit your proposal related questions until 8 September 2023 via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions will be answered within 5 working days.